Big news! You can now have more than one wallet in your Abra app!
Here’s why this is a game-changer:
- Buy & sell at a spot rate: Load up your fiat wallet and keep your funds there until you decide it’s the right time to buy bitcoin. Then do the exchange. You’ll have bitcoin in hand as soon as the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain.
- Keep two separate balances: If you want to take advantage of the volatility in bitcoin prices, you can buy and sell as frequently as you like by moving money back and forth between your two wallets.
- Do partial conversions: Want to sell a bit of your bitcoin, but not all? Now you can choose how much to move between wallets, instead of converting it all at once.
You can choose up to two from our list of 50+ currencies, including bitcoin. Most people will probably choose to denominate one wallet in fiat currency (e.g. US dollars) and one in bitcoin. To take advantage of this latest feature, make sure you update your Abra app to the latest version.
New Abra users will be prompted to select their two wallets after they sign up. Existing Abra users will need to proactively add their other wallet. We’ll prompt you to do so the next time you sign in, but you can always do this later. Here’s how:
1. Select “Manage Wallet Currencies” from the Menu
2. Select “Add another wallet”
3. Confirm your choices
We’ve been listening to your feedback about how to make Abra better for you, so we hope you enjoy this update! We’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback, so feel free to leave a comment on this post, or write us at contact[at]abra[dot]com with any questions or suggestions.
A few other noteworthy updates:
- Introducing another wallet within the Abra app means the way you go about buying & selling bitcoin within Abra changes. We’ve updated our popular Using Abra to buy bitcoin with your bank account post accordingly. Have a look!
- We’ve also recently increased our funding limits. Check out the latest!