On Nov 15, BCH chain split into two separate chains Bitcoin Cash Node (BCHN) and Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA).
Abra, like several other industry players, has decided to support the chain with the most mining pool support, i.e. Bitcoin Cash Node (BCHN).
In the next few hours, Abra will be turning back on BCH deposits and withdrawals in the Abra app. Please do make sure you understand the following points before making deposits/withdrawals of BCH:
- Abra’s BCH ticker remains unchanged but it now represents the BCHN chain. It is very important to note that any BCH deposits and withdrawals you perform on Abra are now BCHN.
- If you perform a BCH deposit into Abra that is NOT BCHN or withdraw out of Abra to a non-BCHN wallet, it will result in your funds getting lost and Abra WILL NOT be able to recover it.
- BCH deposits and withdrawals will continue to be disabled for all old app versions. Only the newest and most up-to-date apps, i.e. Android 875 (87.2) and iOS v87.1.0(4010) and above will have BCH deposit and withdraw capability. Please make sure to update your app to the latest version to be able to deposit/withdraw BCH on Abra.
- Abra will not be offering any support or provide BCHA tokens to our customers at this time.
- There will be no replay protection for BCH at this time.
Please reach us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.