Abra Referral Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: July 16, 2018
Abra Referral Terms and Conditions
You must be 18 years of age and older. Employees of Booking Holdings Inc. and its affiliates, as well as participants (including their representatives and staff members) in the Abra Affiliate Partner Program, are excluded from participation. All Referrers must be natural persons.
You agree that Abra, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your participation in the Referral Program if Abra believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these terms. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your participation in the Referral Program. Abra may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Referral Program, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
Unless otherwise separately agreed upon by us in writing, you will be entitled to earn a referral fee payable in [USD or Bitcoin, as determined by Abra in our sole discretion,] for each new user account registered through your referral link that either (i) links their Abra account to an approved bank account and deposits a certain minimum in funds as communicated by Abra to you on a campaign-by-campaign basis; (ii) deposits a certain minimum in Bitcoin (or other currency) into their Abra account as communicated by Abra to you on a campaign-by-campaign basis; or (iii) otherwise meets the conditions communicated by Abra to you on a campaign-by-campaign basis. The amount for the referral fee will be communicated to you on a campaign-by-campaign basis by Abra. Abra shall pay the referral fee to you within seven (7) business days after the occurrence of either (i) and (ii). We may impose restrictions on the number of referrals for which you can earn a referral fee. Any such restrictions will be communicated to you on a campaign-by-campaign basis. You may not create additional accounts for purposes of earning additional referral fees.
Display of Referral Links
You will not share or publish your referral link in a manner that would be in violation of applicable anti-spam laws or where there is no reasonable basis for believing that recipients would be interested in joining the Abra platform. You will indemnify and hold Abra, its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents and successors harmless, from and against any claims that may arise from any unlawful forwarding or sharing of the referral link.
You agree that you will not directly or indirectly do any of the following in connection with your participation in the Referral Program:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Post any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Transmit any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Create multiple accounts for purposes of earning Referral Fees.
Advertising & Publicity
We reserve the right to review and request changes to any materials that make reference to our Referral Program in our sole discretion. In the event we request any changes, you will cooperate and fulfill any such requests in a prompt manner. If you intend to promote our Referral Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Referral Program.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Abra.
- E-mails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent or we must be sent a copy of the e-mail.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote Abra to your own lists; more specifically, you are welcome to use your referral links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your referral links on Abra’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into referral fees.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from running paid ads with Abra’s trademarks.
- You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes Abra’s trademarks in the page name and/or username.
FTC Disclosure Requirements
You must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where referral links for our Referral Program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement.
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC’s “Dot Com Disclosures” Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf (example 21) and the FTC’s Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements
You shall defend, indemnify and hold Abra harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to: (i) your acts or omissions in connection with your participation in the Referral Program; or (ii) breach of this Agreement.
We may notify this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion; provided that the change shall solely apply to events occurring after the date on which you accept and agree to such modifications unless you otherwise agree herein. Such modifications shall take effect when posted on our website. Modifications may include, but are not limited to, changes in the scope of available referral fees, referral amounts or percentages, payment procedures, and the Referral Program rules. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this agreement, in which event you shall be entitled to your rights under the unmodified Agreement prior to the date of the applicable modification. Your continued participation in the Referral Program following our posting of any modifications on our website will constitute binding acceptance of the change.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with request to the Referral Program or any Abra products and services (including, without limitation, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS, MERCHANTIABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, DEALING, OR TRADE USAGE). In addition, we make no representative that the operation of our website will be uninterrupted or error free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors, including the tracking of information concerning referred users during any period of interruption.