At Abra, we’re making cryptocurrency investing simple. Abra operates an easy to use app — with 30 cryptocurrencies, 50 fiat currencies, and the BIT10 crypto index available. Users can buy, sell, store, and invest in cryptocurrencies, plus manage all crypto investments, in one place. Our vision is an open, global financial system that is easily accessible to everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will write server side code that powers Abra’s mobile apps in Scala. You will build a robust and scalable back-end infrastructure that facilitates digital cash transactions between smartphone users all around the world. We’re building a high volume transactional system that exposes a simple, usable set of APIs on top of crypto-currencies and associated smart contracts. You will also help with writing test automation to assure that our solutions delight our customers.
- Collaboratively identify product requirements and design architecture with Product, UX, and Mobile App development team
- Write server side Scala APIs for crypto-currency transactions
- Write automated tests for those APIs
- Conduct early project scoping and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Skills and Requirements
- +5 Years in server side development
- Deep expertise in REST and RESTful APIs
- Expertise in Scala a must
- Experience in Java for Test automation
- JBehave or Cucumber, Git, continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and independently with minimal oversight
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in modern test techniques such as Test and Behavior Driven Development (TDD and BDD)