At Abra, our vision is an open global financial system that works for everyone by making cryptocurrency investing simple and accessible. Our growing crypto investing and wealth management platform is used by millions of consumers in over 150 countries and growing!
We are expanding our team to match our growing user base. This is an opportunity to join a company that is part of the biggest financial revolution in modern history. Learn more about what we’re doing at https://www.abra.com.
Our in-house legal team is looking for a Corporate Paralegal who has a can-do mindset and the desire to grow a career in the financial industry. You will help us build and maintain a best in class legal structure for Abra and get exposure to a wide range of corporate and regulatory areas of law.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare, review, and execute Abra’s Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Conduct legal research, non-legal research and draft and review documents as requested
- Facilitate completion of commercial contracts by revising contracts to include Abra’s and counterparties’ business information, proofreading, revising, and collecting business information for schedules/appendices
- Manage and monitor Abra’s contract repository software; including managing Abra’s document in-take processes, updating Abra’s template agreements, and sending out e-sign requests to counterparties
- Support the team in maintaining Abra’s corporate record books, and provide documents as requested to assist Abra during a license-application process
- Provide administrative support to the team; including taking notes at meetings attended by the legal team, and scheduling meetings involving team members and other Abra employees, and/or outside third-parties.
- Proven ability to work effectively in independent settings as well as in a larger group in team settings
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure, prioritize and handle multiple competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Must have outstanding organizations and time-management skills, possess the ability to exercise practical judgment, and be a highly motivated self-starter
- Exhibits superior verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Able to resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years experience at a law firm or other company
- Knowledge of SEC and regulatory issues a plus
- Project finance/corporate transactional experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills; including proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and interest in crypto is a plus
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401(k), and unlimited PTO
At Abra, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.